FOLLOW ME!

Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Etude House Blusher Reviews

*jeng jeng jeng jeng* My first beauty review! YAY!

I own a lot of Etude House(EH) products due to their frequent BUY 1 FREE 1. I would always wait for that promotion. Even if there are other sales (except for buy 1 free 1) I will not budge. Yes, thats right! Persevere like that! But inside I am like OMG OMG I want that!

Today will be on 2 different types of blusher, which is: the cream type and the powder blusher


Left: lovely cookie blusher - #6 grapefruit jelly; right: sweet recipe cupcake all over colour in OR202 Peach sugar cake
Lovely Cookie Blusher
Shade #6 Grapefruit Jelly is the bestseller shade and I loved the colour. It is so subtle and light enough for natural look, perfect for everday wear and when you pair it up with bright lip colour. The sponge applicator is round and its great to achieve that dolly/gyaru look as you just pat it onto the apples.

But, I do not use the applicator is because the tiny pink ribbon on top makes it so hard to get a good grip. They should made it in a way that I can put my finger in for easy application. Also, kawaii/gyaru look is not my style, so I use a brush instead.

Also, it might because I have oily skin, the staying power is not very long for only bout 2 hours or so. Those with drier skin might not have this problem though.

TIP: I use the cream blusher to highlight my cheekbones before applying the powder blusher for the extra pop of colour, highlight effect and longer lasting.

I would repurchase because I love the shade and only if I could not get any better ones.

Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Colour
I chose a peach shade as I already have pink blusher, to get a variety. This cream blusher is called ALL OVER COLOUR as it enables usage on the cheeks, lips and eyes. It has scents of peach which is smells pretty natural rather than those artificial scent. However, if you are like me, you might not favour scents on products.

Unfortunately, it is not that pigmented as I thought it would be but it is good enough for that light tint effect. I love using it on my eyelids as a primer or base colour but not on my lips. It does not have any moisturizing effect and in no way suitable for my chappy lips. And after application on my lips, it will oxidize leading to a pale/ slight greyish, chappy layer on my lips which is not favorable at all.

Just PROMISE me not to apply on your lips! Please!

However, I do like it as a base colour on my eyes and cheeks before applying eyeshadows and powder blush. But not quite enough for me to repurchase.  




My nude look for the day with pale lips.
Loving this simple skater dress!





No comments:

Post a Comment