FOLLOW ME!

Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

An Indian Wedding

Last April was my first experience in witnessing the holy matrimony of an Indian-Hindu wedding. I was on the groom's side (my BBF's brother) and I was proud attending the wedding as the bridesmaid's VVIP, hahaha. 

It was a really simple wedding at a school hall, where we all gathered at the fixed time. First, there would be the ceremony where the bride and the groom would be seated on the stage with their respective families in front of the holy fire. 
They then exit the hall and entered again twice (which I was quite surprised that they did not go around the fire as how it was done in Bollywood movies). After, blessings given from both sides of family members, the groom finally put on the thali on the bride's neck which officially made her his wife. Right after, dinner is served and once you are full enough you may leave. hahaha

I was so clueless as what was going on as the emcee was speaking in Tamil and my friend translated the entire night on what went on. 


 Left: Myself; Right: Bridesmaid aka BFF

I donned a blue saree which I was complimented by so many present on how beautiful I looked (laughs!). Also, the bridesmaid looks ever-so-glamourous with her beautiful red-gold saree! 


No comments:

Post a Comment